Brooklet Police Department
On December 8, 1899, the Bulloch Herald made the following announcement: “Brooklet is the name of the new post office established at Parker and Cone’s Store, nine miles below Statesboro on the Savannah and Statesboro Railroad with J.V. Lee as Postmaster.” A year later the Brooklet Police Department was established.
The courthouse and police station was then erected at 202 E Lee Street, at the corner of Lee and South Cone Street. Except for a short time in which the police department moved to the city hall location, the police department has and continues to operate out of this building.
Previous Patch until 2020